Friday 5 June 2009

So where are we at so far...?

Well it looks like everything is heading pretty smoothly towards a pick up date of June 15th!!
Things were a bit in the air as poor little Bessie Horsebus just wasn't going to be up to a 400 mile round trip...eeek!
So I did a bit of investigating - I couldn't get a reasonable date out of the local (ish) box hire companies and the first transporter run I could find was in September...nope definitely couldn't wait that long!!
So HUGE Thanks have to go to Amy for the offer to loan the Battlebus and to BeckyE for offering her trailer and 4x4

As Becky insisted she wanted to help, I gladly took her up on the offer! So Becky and I will be trundling up with her lovely Equitrek and hopefully Little B will think it's the bees knees and happily hop onboard (unlike big sis Safi...three hours & six people later she wasn't going anywhere, thank you!)

Meanwhile I drafted the loan agreement for Pauline to have a play with, hopefully that'll all be sorted next week, and I've arranged her insurance. Good old NFU came up trumps.

Down on the farm her stable is half painted (get on with it woman!!) the paddock is all ready to receive her highness. Just need confirmation of her vac status and I think we are all ready to rock and roll!!!

Sadly all the shine is being taken off as Safi's steroid treatment has failed and 9 weeks post jabs she's hopping lame again and quite down and depressed with it.
Andre will be coming out next week to discuss options :-(

It's raining yay!! so I'm off to fertilise my paddocks at home...no fancy kit here, this involves me, a wheelbarrow, some suregrow and ...um superhubby not happy with my all singing and dancing sprinkler......actually the kitchen colander lol!

3 comments:

  1. Hullo Larri! (claire from EE..) glad to see you're starting a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Claire,
    Thanks for joining us...hopefully once she actually arrives it will be a bit more exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been trying to persuade my brill missis to start a proper Blog for ages...hurrah for finally starting :-)

    ReplyDelete