Saturday 20 June 2009

Friends again

After getting a proper verbal *rse chewing from some lovely people last night I'm feeling a lot better about stuff today
They pointed out all the positive things that happened during the session...even when things were at their scariest Little B stayed with me or came to me...which is EXACTLY what I'm looking for at this stage.... my well deserved kicking has been duly taken on board ;-)

Took the clicker bag with me to the field..ready for action if the situation presented itself...well I got through the gate and about a 1/4 of the way in When Bailarina left her grazing and walked over to see me :-) I was able to give her a good click and treat (carrots!) She's also starting to pick up the fact that mugging is no go and is getting the head away to receive a reward idea

We had a fun time poo picking as she mock charged the wheelbarrow, then span and leapt around, ready to repeat the fun game...Um I'm not sure just how much bullfighting there is on her Dam side, but she appears to be a complete natural at it!! LOL

As she followed me back up the field towards the gate I clicked for following and rewarded when she came to me, watching very carefully for signs of hesitation so I could pick my last reward spot carefully...one step closer to the gateway than she would make on her own....

It worked really well, she had a little hesitation, but much closer to the gate than she had been when she stopped on the lead line and walked towards me for a click and jackpot - carrots, scratches AND a belly rub, clever girl!

Left it at that, said goodbye and went out the gate. Bless her she stood for a couple of minutes and watched before wandering back off down the field

No comments:

Post a Comment