Thursday 18 June 2009

A smiley day!






This is what greets me in the morning wub

In 9 years of ownership Safi never, ever let me approach her when she was asleep, Bailarina managed to lift her head and ask for a cuddle before flopping back down and getting on with a serious snooze whilst I poo picked around her!

Ellie the head groom on the yard said that Bally gave her the fright of her life today, she went down to check everyone over and noticed she was flat out in the field...called, no response, went to the gate and yelled...nothing.....thinking that the curse of Larri was well and truly striking again she ran up the field where on arrival at a completely sparkoed Bally she promptly opened an eye, twitched an ear and went back to sleep rofl

We had a great session tonight, again she was a bit hesitant coming in, but less resistant than yesterday. Just a mini plant an ask for forwards from me and an instant response. Straight up the yard with a couple of little eek whassat moments and into the box where we had an introduction to the clicker and a target....need to rethink the treats, she couldn't have cared less about the ones I had rolleyes so not a great start laugh

I had some saddle cloths out so I thought we could try a bit of desensitisation with them...er, no need, after she turned round to see what I'd plonked on her back, wriggled down over her rump and draped up over neck she sighed and started dozing off!!!! yawn

So after all that tremendous effort I tied her up in the box for the first time for her grooming session and just replaced her feet if she fidgeted or moved, Soon she got the idea that it was much easier just to stand still oooh what a good girl!! thumbs I have also started putting the headcollar on over her ears like a bridle in preparation - I'll use the clicker to train a head down response as she was a teeny bit giraffe like, but not at all bothered about the headpeice coming over and having her ears squooshed

After all this excitement we stood on the yard whilst Dawn the YO manouvered her horsebox around and again although she was wary Little B was amenable to standing with me and watching the proceedings

Off into the school tonight to see what she thought of that...I don't think that she's ever been in one and she was wary (cue a rather tentative walk following me round the perimeter), but looking to me for reassurance wub
Once she'd been asked to step into the corners - I just walked into them and stood in a relaxed dropped hip and shoulder stance then dipped and invited her to join my space...which she did!!!!! We then had a five minute walk, trot and halt workout just inhand and she was fabulous...even let me open her up down the long side into a more extended trot and then into a Klaus style hip tilt / halt...Bailarina was foot perfect yahoo

All done and very, very pleased with how clever and brave she was we then wandered back down the scary path with another couple of eek whassat moments, but I just stayed completely calm and she again took my cue that it was OK and pootled on down on a loose line, through the gate and then stood like an angel again while I did the gate handle up Cheesy

Oh bless her I can't believe this is only day three!

5 comments:

  1. Oh dear much as I love the smileys I don't think I like the boxes :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drop the smilies, they don't show in Safari sadly :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurrah, I can post here for now!

    All sounding brilliant :D LittleB sounds like a gem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very impressed in that short space of time.

    how do you do smileys? i've never been able to crack it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I shamelessly stole them from EE Claire and much as I love my smilies, they just don't look right copied and pasted in the boxes...pah!

    ReplyDelete