Tuesday 9 June 2009

Getting there!!

Been a bit all over the place this week with the general crapness of life bogging me down, but I'm finally allowing myself to really, REALLY believe that Bailarina will be coming on Monday!
I'm terrible, I know I am, but I just couldn't face any more disappointment.......anyway enough of the pity posting, where ARE we at??

Well someone has a very lovely new headcollar, a slightly two tone forest green job with padding on the poll and nose, silver coloured fittings and little sparkly silver horses galloping along the noseband...horror of horrors, Little B is going bling!!
Slight grrrr in that they didn't have a nice matchy matchy lead rope, so the hunt is on! HC nicely matches the rather fab fleece & travel rug I already have.
Managed to get run off the road by a complete barsteward in a van coming round a blind bend on the wrong side on the way home from the shop though, I swerved to miss him and smacked the kerb taking out two of my tyres....quite an expensive headcollar!

Pauline sent me the draft of the loan agreement I'd set up today, all looks good, just a tweak to the layout and fonts and we're done - as I spend all morning drafting translation contracts it was nice to work on something that meant so much to me for a change. I think seeing it all in black and white in legalese made it hit home that, yes, it is happening!
Have a few outings lined up for her already, just very small low key local shows...having a bit of a hmmm about what to show her in - at three she should be in an inhand bridle and bitted, but I want to take everything nice and slowly with her so don't intend on rushing that rather important job.
I'm seeing if I can get hold of a second hand Portuguese presentation halter, but no joy as yet, really don't need anything like that until next year for the major shows like Herts County, Windsor and Suffolk, so for now it's either my Portuguese bridle (a bit OTT as even more bling!!) or a cheapy inhand English one...Ebay have some at just over £10!! It doesn't need to last though so might go for one....

The paddock is all weeded, fence checked, water all set up and ready!! Captain and Prince have been allocated as grass toppers for the rest of the week as it's looking just a bit too lush in there for an already rotund little Luso ;-)
She's going down to the bottom end with Patch and Button Moon, so all three Bay girlies together bless!

2 comments:

  1. I am sure once B is with you, you'll feel a million times better. It's understandable not to want to get your hopes up, but you DO deserve this chick!

    Sounds like you are all prepared for her arrival. Absolutely no idea about what tack is right, Q and I haven't a rosette to our collective name!

    Am laughing about the colour co-ordinated outfit for her, at least it's more tasteful than the all out purple and lilac get-ups I subject Himself to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. green will be good on her.

    no idea about correct showing kit though ...coloured browbands? (ref your query on the forum..)

    ReplyDelete