Thursday 9 July 2009

Little Update

Sorry for the lack of updates - As most of you know I've been a bit preoccupied with making the arrangements for saying my last goodbye to Safi next Friday.
Everything is sorted now, booked and paid for. My vets have been amazing, taking over all the arrangements as I've been a complete emotional wreck over the whole thing and completely incapable of dealing with any of it. Low point was going in to pick up my last box of Danilon from the office and just howling like a banshee and running out of the door when Jane asked if I was ok...sorry Jane

I'm just in a limbo now counting down the days and trying to enjoy every last precious moment with her. She's moving back into her favourite front paddock tonight where there is some really nice grass so she can have a week of happily stuffing her lovely face. I'm going to take her out down the bridleway at the back of the house a few times for a little wander too - change of scenery and all that .

Little B has been taking her job as clown and chief cheerer up very seriously and never fails to raise a smile, bless her.
I had a whole apple for her the other night and she was taking little bites, then took the whole thing realised it was too big and flapped her lips about, dropped the apple into the wheel barrow then jumped when it thunked, had a little scoot away, shook her head at it a la Naomi Campbell having a strop and looked at me as if to say "Oi slave fetch my apple out of that there sh*tty barrow" I was in fits - the look on her face was hilarious!
I've brought her in every evening, just for a groom and to keep working on acclimatising her to the stable, she's doing really well on that score. Also keep working on the ground tying / not fidgeting when I ask her to stand...I need the patience of a saint for this one lol!
Other than having a mooch around the back of the fields to make sure she's leading properly and not lagging behind or walking into my space (her favourite little testing the boundaries trick at the moment) we aren't doing any "work" but she's learning all the time and all in a positive way.

2 comments:

  1. reckon you should go stay with her after..

    have another hug

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little B sounds like she's doing a grand job of making you smile :)

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete