Thursday 17 September 2009

Saddle up!

Just fancied a bit of a play with Little B tonight so I thought I'd see what she thought about being saddled for the first time

Got my Fhoenix out with one of my lovely scrummy lambskin pads and just let B have a good sniff, decided enough was enough when Bally actually started licking the seat though!

So with her just loose in the stable I sat it on her back, attached the girth, fastened it, tightened it, wiggled the saddle....and nope, no response at all :-o
Bailarina did what Bailarina always does and acted as if it was the millionth time she'd been saddled up.

I popped her bridle and cavesson on and took her for a wander down to the school, thought it was safer just in case there were any shenanigans!
But no, B happily did a couple of circuits in walk on the lunge each way, then had a little trot with absolutely no drama whatsoever ;-)

So I let her off to have a wander around and she had a lovely free trot, did hump her back once, but no broncing - even when one of my stirrup leathers fell off...she just stopped and went back to have a good sniff at it lol.

I put a couple of poles out and we played follow my leader through, round and over them and B and I had a whale of a time ...especially when I raised them - B made a sterling job of walking over them

All done we went back to her stable for a nice brush down and her dinner, well deserved!!

3 comments:

  1. Wayhey, brilliant! She looks very at home under saddle ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent - no drama -that's what we like!

    ReplyDelete