Tuesday 8 September 2009

Bathing Beauty

Gorgeous hot day here today and we're due to have another tomorrow with it remaining warm overnight, so I decided that B could have a proper bath...shampoo, conditioner, the works!

I don't think she's ever had a full on bath before (?) But certainly hasn't done more with me than have the hose sprinkled over her to cool off when it was really hot in the summer.

So I tied her up in the wash box and set to with a bucket of soapy water - Bally LOVED it as I sponged her and then massaged the shampoo right into her coat with my rubber curry comb - lip quivering a plenty.

She happily let me do her mane and sponge her face and even stood as I poured the water over her from the bucket bless her!

B wasn't quite as keen to have the hose on to wash her off, same as before, but this only amounted to a little bit of a jiggle about, better if I just ran it and still used the sponge. Anyway soon had her all rinsed clean, scraped and sponged all the excess off..oh and got soaked as she had a big shake!!



Took her off for a wander and a graze in hand up in the cut hay field - lovely warm breeze blowing to dry her off, then afterwards popped her back in the stable to give her a last brush over and condition her mane....all lovely and beautiful I fed her and then we made our way back down to the field - gorgeous girl on a gorgeous day!!!!

3 comments:

  1. and then no doubt she rolled as soon as you'd turned round? LOL. they always do..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the smell of a just-bathed horse and the feel of their coat all sparkling clean. Sadly the time between just-washed and the inevitable roll as Claire mentions is all too short and fragile *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  3. No she didn't roll...was still all sparkly and pristine next morning - oh apart from the great dollop of bird poo on her flank :-o

    ReplyDelete