Sunday 19 September 2010

Rasp Ahoy 22.06.10

Bally had her teeth done this morning and she was a superstar

Brought her up on the the yard and let her have a good sniff at Gary's tools, the she pootled behind me into a box (first time in one since December and no hint of the panic she had when she first came to me and I put her in her new stable! )
Gary made his introductions to her and put her and me completely at ease then got on with having a good look, Bally was so calm and accepting of the whole process, nothing more than a bit of eye rolling at the rasp and popped her head higher when she had the gag fitted, but a little tweak on the rope and she relaxed and lowered it again.

She had a good tidy up and four baby teeth / caps taken off all on a loose rope with no sedation, what a brilliant first time !!

He's recommended that she has her wolf teeth out as he rightly assessed that she's unsteady on the contact. He said to see how she is now she's been rasped as that might be enough to make her more comfortable, but he did think they'd need to come out at some point, especially if I ever wanted her to have a bit seat.

A far cry from the last dentist I used who almost left the yard with his rasps up his doodah he was such an arrogant unfeeling and abusive G*t and the vet who sedates them if they so much as flicker an eyelash

Highly recommended !!

We measured B for the first time yesterday too....I chased a snorty Bally in a few circles until she realised the pokey stick thing wasn't going to kill her...and .....first measurement was over 15.2, which I refused to believe and next was just shy of 15.2 :-o
My old YO always maintained she'd make 16hh but I couldn't see it at first...when I first saw her last year my first thought was OMG she's looking well lol...closely followed by OMG she's really diddy!!) Safi kept growing till she was 8, so I think B's got a fair bit of growing to do still!!

No comments:

Post a Comment