Monday 20 September 2010

Little schooling session 14.07.10

Really nice short ridden session last night. Just in the corral but with saddle and bridle (and hat if hubby is reading!) I used the drop noseband (no headcollar) and B was happy in her mouth, nicely mouthing and steady.

Started with a bit of flexion work ....or boot nibbling if we get a good side stretch lol then on just to work in walk at me getting my positioning, seat and aiding clear so B can respond easily and correctly - aiming for softness.

I think we worked really well. B is now starting to reach for the bit and take it forwards so long I'm asking from my leg and keeping a strong flexible core. It's blatantly obvious when that strong core becomes a tense leg or seat though as Bally just grinds to a halt underneath me (oops!)

Much better turns and circles last night with the occasional flash of harmony as I got the aiding spot on and we glided around on just a seat aid!

We worked on getting good square halts without any sideways wibbling and she got it best if I concentrate on remaining central, straight and even when I put my legs on....then I lighten my seat and bingo up she steps beautifully square :-D

So what did we learn...well I cannot get away with any sloppy riding for a start lol!! and if I'm clear in my body and mind what we want...we generally get...hey she's bright that girl

No comments:

Post a Comment