Sunday 19 September 2010

Going solo with video evidence! 27.06.10

The whole gang are all happily back together now, and seem to have slotted back into herd like perfectly amenably

Well once again Ballyboo has been an absolute star today, she is just so laid back about this being ridden lark and she's such a joy to ride

I took her on her first proper solo / off lead hack, in fact she was never on the lead, Gi and Spuddy dog came with us and were supposed to be leading, but in the end she was so chilled out I kept a hold of it in case it was needed but nope, the girl was going solo with a vengeance

She stood stock still as I threw myself at her off the fence and we went out the gate and off up the lane for about half a mile, past the fishing lake, the (thankfully parked up) diggers doing the car park there, the wheely bins and then turned down the woody bridleway. She was a teeny bit cat creepy to start but as well as using my legs in time with hers I used my whip on my boot as a back up which worked really well. Once she got the idea she marched out wonderfully :-D

Once we got to the bit where the bridleway goes into the village I turned back as didn't feel quite ready for the main road just yet !!! Then we had a few little trots and she was nicely off my leg and easy to bring back down too, clever girl. One tiny baby stroplet when I asked her to stop and wait for a minute before moving on again, this brought on a minor fit of the Kevins in the form of foot scraping ..norty!!!

Happily pootled on when I asked her to, back on to the lane and home again, no fuss, no bother and big, BIG grins all round



No comments:

Post a Comment