Sunday 25 October 2009

Short and very sweet!

Just back from a fabulous weekend in York, a much needed battery recharge for both Gi and I :-)

First thing we did was pile down to the yard, with my daughter Jen and grand daughter Faith..who has inherited the horse gene it would seem! With her little toddler sized brush in hand Faithy asked if she could see "Ballyrina", so we did and she gave her a lovely brush off.

Later on Gi and I went back down so he could help me with Boxing B.

So I popped her head collar and long line on , we walked round to the box, B stood completely calmly whilst we undid the ramp and opened the gates. Popped her on with a couple of stops to think and tied her up whilst Gi shut the gates. This time I stayed on with B so I could just see exactly how she was coping with the new steps we were taking. As she seemed nicely settled today I asked Gi to take that last huge step

So he put the ramp up...yup ramp up, all the way - completely closed and no tap dancing, no snorting, a little bit of tension held in her body, but outwardly calm.

And so we stood calmly and happily on the box, tied up, closed in. Wow

Might not mean a lot, but for B it was a huge leap -such a difference from the last time!

Ramp undone with much squeaking from the springs (might have been Gi actually lol!) and still no reaction from B, so I gently backed her off took her for a little wander, came back to box and she popped back up the ramp and onto the box again. :-) I stayed on jut long enough for a click and a treat then let her back off again.

Phase one complete, one happy pony and one very, very happy me *Yay*

2 comments: