Friday 14 August 2009

Wandering pt 2

I'm off to see U2 tonight (WHOOOHOOOOO!!!!!) so Bailarina had an early walk this afternoon

I wanted to have a nice non work-like wander, just a simple rope halter and longline all relaxed and fun...chuffed to say that's just what we had too!

Off down a part of the Flitch Way I hadn't shown her yet and she just pootled along with me, walking when I walked, trotting when I jogged (my new trail running shoes are coming in very useful). I took her down and back up a tiny narrow and very steep little trail off the main path....just to see if we could lol and she followed me like it was an everyday occurrence.

We even upped the pace and a really nice steady and calm canter in hand on a grassy bit, she stayed right with me, no yeehaa, no getting all full of herself, then back down to trot and walk from my voice command. She was so good!

And that was it really, back to the field for some apple stretches and a brush off / hoof picking session.

A not very eventful, but very meaningful good day's "work" :-)

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful - and lucky you to see U2!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate I've been a fan since 1982, there is NO WAY I'd miss seeing the boys play ;-)

    ReplyDelete