Thursday 27 August 2009

It's a Beautiful day

I think I must either be boring the pants off you all with the constant stream of Bailarina is wonderful posts, or you'll think I'm some sort of horrible bragger :-(

Oh dear..... I hate to say it but we had yet another great session tonight... :-o

Just a quick go at box training tonight..it went like this...

We walk up to ramp, Bally stops, has a sniff

I walk up the ramp and ask for forwards with a tweak of the line...Bally puts both front feet straight on and stops

I give another tweak, Bally walks front feet further up and stops

Another tweak, Bally puts back feet on and walks straight up the ramp

Me and B stand on the box together, she has some hay and then I give her some dinner

Minor panic moment from B as she moves and her bum touches the side of the box...for first time this doesn't make her tap dance then leap off- just a teensy wibble that I talk her out of, calm is restored

After nearly ten minutes chillin' on the box as she sniffs about and nibbles the hay I slowly ask B to back off down the ramp, which she does beautifully - so dainty and careful!

We go back to the field...I am ELATED *yahoo*

4 comments:

  1. Elated with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. way to go.

    i wondered .. i recall you saying she panicked as the box moved as she moved .. if a slightly less well sprung box might suit better for first travelling? if you can find one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good thinking Claire...my friends is even worse (makes me feel seasick!) YO's could be an option...thanks for the suggestion :-) *pondering*

    ReplyDelete
  4. i remember always feeling ill in citroen cars when i was little, the wallow effect isn't good, so it makes sense that a horse won't like it either! course, you might then end up having to get a different wagon altogehter, but if it means the difference between her travelling or not travelling, worth it i'm sure (given the funds, of course..)

    ReplyDelete