Thursday 5 November 2009

Thank goodness for the Lovely B

I have had a horrendous day, tensions at work have got so bad three of us would quite happily have walked out today....some idiots should never ever be allowed to manage people }-(

I also had the most ridiculously upsetting call from a researcher on behalf of Rossdales vet hospital who wanted to ask me some questions as Safi had received spinal xrays there.
Researcher "Could you spare some time to answer a few questions?"
Moi "Um, yes that should be OK"
"So could you update me on how your horse is now"
"....um...well...actually she's been PTS"
"Oh yes, well looking at the report and seeing the xrays I was expecting you'd say that"
"...stunned silence......"
"So you don't want to answer any questions then?"
"..um...no..."

Gutting

I got home and there in the post was a cheque from the insurers for the loss of Safi, I had actually thought that it being such a bad day I couldn't feel any worse, but wow that was a proper knife in the guts......I know it is ridiculous but I felt like Judas receiving my thirty pieces of silver.

So after some wailing and weeping I went to see the delightful Bailarina for some equine therapy. That lovely sleek little diamond you saw pictures of a few weeks ago is now a proper hairy, muddy, filthy beastie! Bless her she knew straight away I was feeling down. She glued her nose to my back as I walked around and poo picked the paddock, no naughty nibbling, just a touch and a connection the whole way up the field...such a precious feeling

I brought her in and took her into the school for a play, just a single line and her headcollar, some raised poles and a mini pheasant feeder jump, no pressure, not really 'work' just a play in walk. Thinking exercise, obedience, stretching and most of all relaxing and enjoying

B was her usual fun, inquisitive self. After a walk round with circles and changes of rein to warm up I asked her to walk over the raised poles...our first approach was met with incredulity by B who wasn't sure she could raise and lower her legs in the gaps provided...I led the way and she merrily followed, daintily making sure she didn't touch a single one.

We popped over them a few times each way and B very kindly followed exactly what the text books say, stretched her neck down and out and lifted those legs to have a lovely whole back and shoulder workout!!

We had a bit more wandering / circle / straight work and then I led her over to the 12" high mini pheasant feeder jump...."oh my LORD" went B with a snort Lol!

She tried to duck out to the side so I just walked her back and then up to it again. Bally very bravely took her life in her hands and popped straight over it second time of asking and received loads of praise

We had a few goes playing over it and after only a couple I could ask her to walk over (oh look at those leg lifts!!) or trot and pop it as a jump, what a good girl!

I let her off the rein after this so she could have a free wander about as I cleared our playground away and then we wandered back to the stable and tucked her up for the night as none of the ponies were out tonight.

A brush down..well more of a scrape off, tea and bed...

Bally just makes me smile.....therapy indeed x

6 comments:

  1. Oh, bless you :( Have a hug!

    Sounds like Little B was just the tonic you needed after all that :) Hope tomorrow is a better day x

    ReplyDelete
  2. no wonder you were steaming! not assisted by that so called friend on facebook i don't suppose! glad B was able to help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, feeling better today, think it was all just a bit much yesterday...Claire would you believe he emailed wanting to know why I'd deleted him :-o

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a plonker, then! clearly as sensitive as a plank of wood...

    ReplyDelete
  5. how's your week been until today?

    ReplyDelete